Mango Pomelo Sago

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Mango Pomelo Sago



Some friends commented that I got bitten by the cooking bug recently which explains my new-found interest in creating new dishes. My family is not complaining and I am just glad that they have been so receptive to my contributions to the dinner table.

Even though I have a domestic helper at home, I found it a joy to personally make or cook something for my loved ones. Big Buddy has been a great supporter of my efforts, game enough to try everything that I churned out thus far and giving his thumbs-up for his favourites. Hubby too has been a great encourager, making me blush to hear some of the things he said. As the saying goes : The way to a man’s heart is through his stomach – I am happy to speak this love language too :)

Today, my brother and his wife returned from their honeymoon and to commemorate the event, I made this yummy dessert with some remaining pomelo in the fridge.

This recipe is definitely a keeper in my family.


lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll


Mango Pomelo Sago


Ingredients

2 ripe mangoes
250 gm sago pearls
100 ml Carnation Low Fat Evaporated Milk
100 ml fresh milk
500 ml Marigold Peel Fresh Mango juice
3 wedges pomelo
3 tbsp sugar
150 ml water


Method

1. Boil 150ml of water and sugar until sugar dissolves. Leave syrup to cool.

2. Cut mangoes into cubes.

3. Peel pomelo wedges into small pieces.

4. Put sago pearls into a pot of boiling water. Stir and cook until transparent. Pour cooked sago pearls into a sieve. Rinse under running water and drain.

5. Mix syrup, mango cubes, sago pearls, evaporated and fresh milk in a bowl. Add pomelo and mix well. Serve chilled.


Reference : scrapabee

0 comments: