My Favourite Brownie

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Hubby is a big fan of brownies and has been dropping hints for me to make him some. He often picks up those brownie pre-mixes on supermarket shelves, asking if they were any good.

I really have not much confidence in baking, secretly wondering if a microwave oven can do a decent baking job. I have heard several comments about how dry cakes can get when baked in one. But when I came across this brownie recipe and saw the number of successful bakes achieved by various people, I felt I needed to give it a try.

Since I do not own a measuring cup, I used the equivalence of 1 cup = 150g. This recipe is really just about measuring and mixing before finally, my boys topped the brownie mixture with some mini M&Ms for decorations just before it gets sent into the microwave oven.

This post not only marks my first bake but also the first food item churned out from my kitchen that I felt confident enough to present as a gift to someone not in my immediate family. I only intended to make some brownies for our own consumption but after seeing how chocolatey-rich it tasted, I decided to make a second batch for a close relative.


My Favourite Brownie In Tray




My Favourite Brownie


Ingredients

1¼ cup or 150 gm all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2/3 cup or 80 gm unsweetened cocoa powder
2¼ cup or 450 gm white sugar
½ cup or 75 gm chopped pecan nuts
¾ cup or 180 gm melted butter
4 eggs


Method

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

2. Grease and flour a 9 x 13 baking pan.

3. Mix together flour, baking powder, sugar, cocoa powder and salt. Stir to blend.

4. Add melted butter and eggs and mix thoroughly.

5. Add pecan nuts and mix thoroughly. Spread batter evenly into prepared baking pan.

6. Bake for 25-30 min in preheated oven. Cool completely in pan before cutting into 2 inch squares.


Reference : Mum Loves Cooking

0 comments: