Future worship leader in the making?

Thursday, March 13, 2008

I think Big Buddy has an inherent love for music. He loves to sing and often hums along to his own rhythms. He makes up his own songs and sings them at the top of his voice.

Today, he decided to add a whole new dimension to his performances. He found Daddy's plectrum (guitar pick) and proceeded to 'play' an imaginary guitar with his left arm extended while 'strumming' away with his right hand holding the plectrum. He was singing a song at the top of his voice. Initially I could hardly make out the words he was singing but I found the rhythm and snatches of the song vaguely familiar. Then I realised with much surprise that he was singing the chorus of "You Are My All in All" - one of my favourite Christian worship songs! Little Buddy was watching him and soon joined his brother, singing 'Jesus' at all the appropriate invtervals.

Both Big Buddy and Little Buddy enjoy watching Hubby during his jamming sessions at home when he picks up the guitar and just sings whichever Christian song that comes to mind. So, playing the guitar while worshipping is not foreign to Big Buddy. However, I suspect that he might have learnt the song through school. His school has a daily habit of doing morning devotion with all the children before lessons begin for the day. While it is true that I neither know what format nor material is covered during devotion, I do know that the N3 worship sessions in church do not yet use this sort of 'mature' songs for his age group

I am so happy to see how his teachers have deposited something in my son. Hubby and I chose to send our children to a Christian kindergarten for the reason that we want our children to be brought up in a Christ-centred environment as much as possible.

It was such a joy to see him prancing around, worshipping the Lord in his own way. My heart overflows.....


YOU ARE MY ALL IN ALL
You are my strength when I am weak
You are the treasure that I seek
You are my all in all
Seeking You as a precious jewel
Lord to give up I’d be a fool
You are my all in all

Chorus

Jesus Lamb of God
Worthy is Your name
Jesus Lamb of God
Worthy is Your name

Taking my sin, my cross, my shame
Rising again I bless Your name
You are my all in all
When I fall down You pick me up
When I am dry You fill my cup
You are my all in all

0 comments: